PSU IELP Faculty Retreat Afternoon Sessions, Sep 16, 2019
This page has several important links that we’ll use for the presentation.
- Explore examples of H5P
- H5P.org signup page
- Workshop Participation and Sharing: Google document with links to H5P content.
Explore H5P Activities
Vocabulary practice for a high-intermediate reading course (by Luciana Diniz, PCC)
Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension Questions
You can try out the activity below or see it embedded in the ESOL News Page.
Multimedia Comprehension Checking
Focus on form
Taken from PCC’s Digital Workbook for Beginning ESOL.
From my US Citizenship practice resources.
This recorder can be used without downloading apps, which makes it really helpful for short practice recording and listening.
After the presentation
- My presentation slides are available here.
- Hey H5P Google Site (more examples of H5P content).
- Sharon Hennessy’s video introduction to H5P and the Digital workbook for beginning ESOL (~5 minutes)
More Amazing Open H5P Content in Context
- A digital workbook for beginning ESOL (OER developed at PCC, funded by Open Oregon)
- Open Oregon ESOL reader series by Tim Krause
- ESOL News Oregon by Tim Krause
- Example reading, listening, interactive lesson by Eric Dodson
- Open Oregon Open Educational Resources library
- #GoOpen initiative by Federal Office of Educational Technology
- Defining Open Content, the 5 Rs, and obstacles